We are looking for dedicated athletes ready for an amazing summer of increasing communication, leadership, and first aid skills. Duck Surf Rescue lifeguards are responsible for providing the highest level of beach safety possible by maintaining diligent observation and providing preventative measures through public education within their assigned area of beach. Guards will also have an opportunity to work with various public service organizations.
- -Must be at least 16 years old
- -Must be able to swim 500m in under 10 minutes
- -Must be able to run a mile in under 8 minutes
- -Team-oriented, positive attitude
- -Health assessment from MD verifying ability to perform physical demands of job
- -Completed application packet
No prior lifeguarding experience necessary; paid training provided. Preseason training includes:
- AHA CPR
- USLA-approved open water rescue course
- Emergency Medical Response for Lifeguards through the College of the Albemarle
- Agency-specific protocol and equipment training
Employees will undergo a 10- to 14- day pre-season training period, and will be provided on-going training throughout the season.